• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
Advertisement
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home World

Houthis Claim Drone Attacks On Airport, Oil Facility In Saudi Arabia

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
August 21, 2026
in World

Sanaa: Yemen’s Houthi group said Thursday it had carried out two drone attacks targeting an airport and an oil facility in Saudi Arabia’s southern region of Najran.

In a statement on social media platform X, Houthi military spokesperson Yahya Saree said the group launched two drone strikes, one hitting a “sensitive target” at Najran airport and the other hitting a facility belonging to Saudi state oil giant Aramco.

Saree claimed both attacks “achieved their objectives,” without providing further details on possible casualties or damage.

The strikes were carried out in response to what the group described as Saudi drone incursions into the airspace over Yemen’s northern province of Saada, a Houthi stronghold bordering Saudi Arabia, Xinhua News Agency reported.

There was no immediate comment from Saudi authorities or Aramco on the Houthi claims.

The latest claim comes amid escalating tensions between the Houthis and Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile, Yemeni government forces said Thursday they had carried out 81 military operations against Houthi positions over the past 24 hours, as fighting between the two sides continues to intensify across several fronts in the war-torn country.

Majid al-Nuzaili, spokesperson for the government forces, said in a press statement that the operations targeted Houthi members and positions along multiple frontlines, killing or wounding a number of them, including field commanders.

Al-Nuzaili added that the operations were carried out in response to repeated Houthi attacks on government forces and civilian infrastructure.

The Houthis have yet to comment on the government’s claims.

On July 20, the Houthi group announced a maritime ban on Saudi shipping, citing an alleged Saudi blockade of Houthi-held areas. Since then, the Houthis have claimed a series of attacks on Saudi tankers, energy facilities and airports, while also intensifying missile and drone strikes on government-held areas in Yemen.

Yemen has been mired in conflict since late 2014, when the Houthis seized much of northern Yemen, including the capital Sanaa, prompting the Saudi-led coalition to intervene in 2015 in support of the Yemeni government.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Norway Raises Tariff Concerns In Talks With US Trade Official

Related Posts

World

Norway Raises Tariff Concerns In Talks With US Trade Official

August 21, 2026
World

Over 100 Killed In Gold Mine Collapse On Cameroon-CAR Border

August 20, 2026
World

Iran’s FM Says US ‘Economic Terrorism’ Threatens Global Economy, National Sovereignty

August 20, 2026
World

Humanitarian Assistance Sent By India Arrives In Colombia

August 20, 2026
World

Iran’s IRGC Says More ‘Devastating’ Weapons To Be Used If New War Begins

August 20, 2026
World

Indian Delegation Visits Bhutan, Discusses Opportunities In Specialised Healthcare Services

August 20, 2026
Khimji
SAI
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.