• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Nation

CESC Announces Ex-Gratia Of Rs 5 Lakh To Victims Of Bengal Electrocution Deaths

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
September 25, 2025
in Nation
Minor Electrocuted

Kolkata: Amid all-round pressure, Sanjiv Goenka-owned CESC Limited, a private power generation-cum-distribution utility, on Thursday, announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh for the victims of electrocution deaths in areas across West Bengal under the private firm’s jurisdiction.

The deaths, a total of 10 in West Bengal, including eight in Kolkata, took place after the victims came in contact with the naked electricity wires submerged in the waterlogged streets in different pockets of the city following nightlong rains earlier this week.

CESC enjoys a monopoly in power distribution in Kolkata as well as in the adjacent district of Howrah.

On Thursday afternoon, CESC’s executive director, Avijit Ghosh, announced the compensation.

“CESC is deeply saddened by the loss of life due to the natural calamity in our city. On humanitarian grounds, we have decided to provide Rs 5 lakh to each of the families of the bereaved,” Ghosh said.

CESC compensation announcement comes hours after a division bench of the Calcutta High Court, earlier on Thursday, sought a report from CESC Limited, on the multiple electrocution deaths in and around Kolkata on Tuesday.

Earlier, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee blamed CESC for the electrocution deaths and also demanded that the company pay a compensation of Rs 5,00,00 to the families of each of the victims of the electrocution deaths, besides offering jobs to one member from each such family.

The Chief Minister had announced a compensation of Rs 2,00,000 for the families of each of the electrocution victims.

Now that the compensation is being announced, there has been no announcement for jobs on the part of the company as demanded by CESC.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

WPAC 2025: Para-Athletes Breaking Barriers, Setting New Benchmarks, Says PM Modi In Special Message

Next Post

Sundargarh Police Seize Illegal Firecrackers Worth Lakhs In Operation Agni

Related Posts

Youth Congress
Nation

‘Profoundly Regrettable, Ill-Conceived’: Noted Academicians On Youth Congress Shirtless Stir

February 22, 2026
PM Modi
Nation

Oppn Indulges In Toxic Politics, BJP Prioritises India’s Development: PM Modi In Meerut

February 22, 2026
PM Modi
Nation

PM Modi Bashes Cong Over Shirtless Protest, Thanks INDIA Bloc Allies For Criticising The Act

February 22, 2026
Shirtless Protest
Nation

‘Right To Protest Cannot Disrupt Public Order’: Delhi Court On Denying Bail To Youth Congress Members Over Shirtless Protest

February 22, 2026
Nation

India, US Reschedule Meeting On Interim Trade Deal

February 22, 2026
Nation

PM Modi Urges Students To Stay Confident During Exams In ‘Mann Ki Baat’

February 22, 2026
Next Post

Sundargarh Police Seize Illegal Firecrackers Worth Lakhs In Operation Agni

Asia Cup: Taskin Ahmed Picks 3-28 As Bangladesh Restrict Pakistan To 135/8

PM Modi Interacts With PM-KUSUM Beneficiaries In Banswara, Expresses Happiness Over Impact Of Scheme

Khimji
OMC
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.