• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Nation

One Rescued, Search On To Locate 22 Other Missing Soldiers After Cloud Burst In Sikkim

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
October 4, 2023
in Nation

Gangtok/Guwahati:  One soldier has been rescued so far while search and rescue operation by the Army continued for the remaining 22 soldiers who went missing after a sudden cloudburst over the Lhonak Lake in north Sikkim early on Wednesday, a defence spokesman said.

The defence PRO in Guwahati said that the condition of the rescued Army man is stable and he is under medical care.

He said that troops of Trishakti Corps continued a massive search and rescue operation to trace the missing soldiers.

“The search operations are being undertaken under conditions of incessant rains, fast-flowing water in the Teesta River with the roads and bridges washed away at many places. By Wednesday evening one soldier had been rescued and the search operations for the remaining 22 personnel continued,” he said.

The family members of the missing persons have been contacted and informed about the situation.

All other Indian Army personnel posted in Sikkim and north Bengal are safe and they are unable to contact their family members due to disruptions of mobile communication. The spokesman said that the cloud burst triggered a massive flash flood in the Teesta River in Lachen Valley.

Some Army establishments along the valley have been affected.

Release of water from the Chungthang dam led to further sudden increase in water level upto 15-20 feet high downstream, the Army spokesman said. “Sudden increase in water level has led to Army vehicles parked at Bardang near Singtam getting affected,” he said.

The Sikkim State Disaster Management Authority has said that in Pakyong district, 59 people including 23 Army personnel have been reported missing, while at least five people were confirmed dead. The National Disaster Response Force has deployed three teams in the affected areas and rescued many people.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Afghan Forces Firing At Chaman Border Kills Two Pak Civilians

Next Post

Odia Jawan Among 23 Army Soldiers Missing In Sikkim Flash Flood

Related Posts

Nation

Maratha Quota Stir: Maha Govt Extends Genealogy Committee’s Term Till June 30, 2026

August 30, 2025
Nation

RCB Extends Rs 25 Lakh Each To Families Of 11 Stampede Victims

August 30, 2025
Nation

Life Remains Adversely Affected In Jammu Division, Jammu-Srinagar Highway Closed For 5th Day, Rail Traffic Completely Disrupted

August 30, 2025
Nation

Nature’s Fury: 10 Killed, 3 Missing In J&K Landslide, Cloudburst

August 30, 2025
Nation

Three Dead, Several Missing As Cloudburst Hits J&K’s Ramban

August 30, 2025
Nation

Suspected Crude Bomb Blast Kills One, Several Hurt In Kerala’s Kannur; Houses Damaged

August 30, 2025
Next Post

Odia Jawan Among 23 Army Soldiers Missing In Sikkim Flash Flood

Testament To PM Modi's Fear & Anguish: Sanjay Singh On ED Arrest

WCD Training Centre To Be Upgraded As Centre of Excellence

khimji
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.