• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Nation

Raja Raghuvanshi Murder: Key Info Received From Indore-Based Bizman, Says Meghalaya Police

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
June 25, 2025
in Nation

Shillong: The Meghalaya Police has got some key information regarding Raja Raghuvanshi’s murder after an Indore-based businessman was taken into custody by the Special Investigation Team (SIT), officials said on Wednesday.

The Meghalaya Police SIT on Monday arrested one Lokendra Singh Tomar, who is said to be the owner of the flat where Raja’s wife, Sonam Raghuvanshi, stayed between May 25 and June 7 after returning to Indore.

Police have named Tomar as an accused in aiding the destruction and concealment of critical evidence in the case.

East Khasi Hills Superintendent of Police V. Syiem had earlier confirmed that Tomar was wanted in connection with the case.

Tomar, however, has denied any involvement in the case. Speaking to reporters while being escorted by the police, he said, “I am aware of the allegations. I had rented out my flat in Indore. I do not know anyone related to this case. The box being mentioned was not in my possession. Nothing has been recovered from me. I only used to talk to James.”

A senior official of the SIT said, “Prime accused Sonam allegedly hid a box containing vital evidence at Tomar’s Indore flat after the murder. The SIT has already arrested property dealer Silome James from Dewas and security guard Balla Ahirwar from Ashok Nagar for their alleged roles in helping conceal the box. Both men are suspected of having assisted Sonam during her escape.”

On Sunday, Meghalaya Police arrested property dealer James, who is a tenant of a building in Indore’s Heera Bagh Colony, where Sonam Raghuvanshi had stayed after returning from Meghalaya following the murder, and Balla Ahirwar, a security guard of the building.

They were arrested for allegedly helping Sonam Raghuvanshi and her alleged boyfriend, Raj Kushwaha, in disposing of evidence.

James was arrested at the Bhonrasa toll plaza in Dewas district around 7.30 P.M. on June 21 while trying to flee to Bhopal. Following this, he was brought to Indore and taken to the spot where he allegedly burnt a box belonging to Sonam that contained multiple items, including jewellery, a laptop, and a firearm allegedly owned by Kushwaha.

The security guard, Balla Ahirwar, who had fled to his native village, was also arrested in the Ashok Nagar district of Madhya Pradesh.

The three alleged contract killers are already in jail in Meghalaya.

Sonam and Raja got married on May 11. They left for their honeymoon in Meghalaya on May 20 and were reported missing on May 23 from Sohra town in East Khasi Hills district.

Raja’s decomposed body was found in a deep gorge on June 2, while his wife, earlier believed to be missing, was arrested from Uttar Pradesh’s Ghazipur on June 9.

(IANS)

Tags: Raja Raghuvanshi Murder CaseSpecial Investigation Team (SIT)
ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

South Korea: Rival Parties Clash During Confirmation Hearing For PM Nominee

Next Post

Akali Leader Majithia Arrested In Drugs Case

Related Posts

Bihar
Nation

‘No JeM Infiltration In Bihar’: ADG Law & Order Pankaj Darad

August 29, 2025
HM Amit Shah
Nation

Assam Can’t Be Led By Leaders Visiting Pakistan: HM Amit Shah

August 29, 2025
JeM
Nation

‘Bihar Gateway, J&K Target’: JeM Infiltration Signals ISI’s New Tactic

August 29, 2025
Supreme Court
Nation

SC Seeks Centre’s Response On Plea Against Deportation Of Bengali-Speaking Migrants

August 29, 2025
Operation Sindoor
Nation

Operation Sindoor: How India Averted A Global Terror Front In Kashmir

August 29, 2025
Punjab
Nation

7,689 People Evacuated, Shifted To Safe Places In Punjab, Says Govt

August 29, 2025
Next Post

Akali Leader Majithia Arrested In Drugs Case

Shubhanshu Shukla

Proud Of Indian's Journey Into Stars: Prez Murmu, PM Modi Extend Best Wishes To Shubhanshu Shukla

IAF Brings 224 Indians Back From Israel Under Operation Sindhu

khimji
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.