• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Nation

Samajwadi Party Slams UP Govt Over Sambhal Violence, Calls It Orchestrated

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
November 25, 2024
in Nation

New Delhi: The Samajwadi Party (SP) on Monday strongly criticised the BJP-led Uttar Pradesh government over the violence and stone-pelting incident in Sambhal, which has claimed four lives so far.

The unrest erupted on Sunday following a court-ordered survey of the Mughal-era Jama Masjid, leading to clashes between locals and police.

In the aftermath, authorities imposed strict security measures, including shutting down schools and colleges, suspending internet services, and enforcing prohibitory orders.

Roads in the violence-hit city remained deserted. Meanwhile, the police registered cases against SP MP Zia Ur Rehman Barq, SP legislator Iqbal Mehmood’s son Nawab Suhail Iqbal, and 400 others in connection with the incident.

SP leaders alleged that the BJP government deliberately stoked communal tensions in the region. SP MP Awadhesh Prasad expressed grief over the incident, calling it “heartbreaking and painful” while accusing the BJP of provoking unrest to divert attention from electoral issues.

Prasad linked the violence to recent by-poll results, stating, “The elections in Uttar Pradesh were a contest between democracy and dictatorship. The BJP orchestrated this incident in Sambhal to suppress voices of dissent.”

He also defended SP MP Zia Ur Rehman Barq, claiming that Barq was not present at the scene during the violence. “The MP was with us at the time. This is a baseless case aimed at silencing him in Parliament,” Prasad said.

Another SP MP Afzal Ansari also condemned the violence, calling it a “well-planned provocation.”

“This unfortunate incident was orchestrated, and innocent people have been falsely implicated,” Ansari said.

Earlier, SP chief Akhilesh Yadav had accused the state government of deliberately sending a survey team in the morning to disrupt public discourse on electoral issues. He alleged, “This was a calculated move to create chaos and ensure no debate on election matters.”

Congress leaders echoed similar sentiments, blaming the Yogi Adityanath government for the rising incidents of violence. They criticised the administration for failing to maintain peace in the state.

The Uttar Pradesh government, however, assured strict action against those responsible for the violence. Officials stated that efforts were underway to restore normalcy in the area and bring the culprits to justice.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

IPL 2025 Auction: Gujarat Bag Sherfane Rutherford For Rs 2.60 Cr; Kolkata Grab Manish Pandey For Rs 75 Lakh

Next Post

Youth Unemployment Rates In India Lower Than Global Levels: Govt

Related Posts

Thrissur Jewellery
Nation

Kerala: Thrissur Jewellery Raids Unearth Rs 100 Crore Sales Suppression, 36 Kg Of Gold Seized

August 29, 2025
UNSC
Nation

UNSC Votes To End Lebanon Peacekeeping Mission With Nearly 1,000 Indian Troops

August 29, 2025
Army Rescues
Nation

Army Rescues Eight People Trapped In Telangana Floods

August 29, 2025
Commonwealth Games
Nation

India Submits Proposal To Host 2030 Commonwealth Games In Ahmedabad

August 29, 2025
Manoj Jha
Nation

Was Rahul, Tejashwi Present There: Manoj Jha Questions BJP Amid PM Modi Abuse Row

August 29, 2025
Parrot
Nation

Kerala Forest Department Books Kozhikode Resident For Keeping Parrot In Captivity

August 29, 2025
Next Post

Youth Unemployment Rates In India Lower Than Global Levels: Govt

About 62 Lakh Foreign Tourists Arrived In India In 8 Months This Year: Govt

IPL 2025 Auction: Will Jacks Joins MI For Rs 5.25 Cr, RCB Secure Tim David For Rs 3 Cr

khimji
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • ଓଡ଼ିଆରେ ପଢନ୍ତୁ

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.