• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Nation

Three Accused In NIA Custody Until Nov 14 In Coimbatore Car Blast Case

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
November 11, 2024
in Nation
NIA

Chennai:  The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has begun interrogating three suspects in the Coimbatore car bomb blast case that occurred on October 23, 2022.

In the incident, a 29-year-old suicide bomber, Jamish Mubin, lost his life.

The NIA took over the investigation, and to date, 18 individuals have been arrested in connection with the conspiracy and the blast.

Recently, the agency detained three accused: Aboo Hanifa, Saran Mariappan, and Pavas Rahman. The special NIA court has granted the agency six days’ custody for questioning, allowing the NIA to hold the suspects until November 14.

During this time, officials will escort the accused to various locations in Coimbatore and other areas as part of evidence-gathering efforts.

According to the agency, the three suspects conspired to arrange funding for the attack.

One of the arrested, Aboo Hanifa, worked as an Arabic faculty member at Kovai Arabic College, where Mubin and others involved in the case were reportedly radicalised toward Islamic State ideology.

The NIA disclosed that Mubin had pledged allegiance, or “bayath,” to Abu-Al-Hasan Al-Hashimi Al-Qurashi, the self-proclaimed caliph of the Islamic State at that time.

With these recent arrests, the total number of people apprehended in connection with the car blast case has risen to 18.

The NIA has already filed four chargesheets against 15 accused in the NIA Special Court at Poonamallee, Chennai.

The agency stated that its investigation into the radicalisation of vulnerable youths in Tamil Nadu and other South Indian states is ongoing.

Earlier this year, the NIA conducted raids across Tamil Nadu and select locations in Hyderabad as part of this case.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Asaram Admitted To Jodhpur Hospital After Getting Bail For 30 Days

Next Post

Israel Says Lebanon Ceasefire Talks Show Progress, Hezbollah Says No Truce Proposal Received

Related Posts

Sonia Gandhi
Nation

Delhi Court To Hear Plea Seeking FIR Against Sonia Gandhi Over Name Inclusion In Voter List

February 20, 2026
Delhi CM Rekha Gupta
Nation

‘Not Posters, Only Performance’: Delhi CM Rekha Gupta Slams Predecessors On Govt’s First Anniversary

February 20, 2026
CJI Surya Kant
Nation

Rajasthan: CJI Surya Kant Warns Of Global Cybercrime Threat

February 20, 2026
Nation

NIA Files Fresh Chargesheet In Bihar AK-47 Arms Smuggling Case

February 20, 2026
Jairam Ramesh
Nation

Congress Hails US Apex Court Verdict Against Trump’s Sweeping Tariff Strategy

February 20, 2026
Jamia Millia Islamia
Nation

Session 2026-27: JMI Adds 30 New Courses, Refrains From Fee Hike

February 20, 2026
Next Post

Israel Says Lebanon Ceasefire Talks Show Progress, Hezbollah Says No Truce Proposal Received

Trump's 'Border Czar' Promises To Deport Illegal Migrants Who Are Threat To National Security

Last Rites Of Udaipur’s Mahendra Singh Mewar Held

Khimji
OMC
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.