• Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap
Ommcom News
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special
No Result
View All Result
Odisha News, Odisha Breaking News, Odisha Latest News || Ommcom News
Home Nation

Who Are The 8 Indians Awarded Death Penalty In Qatar?

OMMCOM NEWS by OMMCOM NEWS
October 26, 2023
in Nation

New Delhi:  A Qatar court has awarded death sentence to eight retired Indian Navy personnel for reportedly spying on behalf of Israel against Qatar. India, while expressing shock over the development, has also said that it will contest the decision.

Who actually are these people at the centre of the entire matter? Let’s find out.

The eight retired Indian Navy personnel are — Captain Navtej Singh Gill, Captain Saurabh Vashisht, Commander Purenendu Tiwari, Captain Birendra Kumar Verma, Commander Sugunakar Pakala, Commander Sanjeev Gupta, Commander Amit Nagpal and Sailor Ragesh.

As per reports, they worked at Qatar’s Dahra Global Technologies and Consulting Services, a private company that offers training and other services to the defence and security agencies of Qatar.

In August last year, these eight individuals were arrested after being charged with spying for Israel by Qatar authorities.

Indian authorities have been providing consular access to them since the time of their imprisonment.

Reacting to the development, the External Affairs Ministry in a statement on Thursday, said: “The Court of First Instance of Qatar has today passed a judgement in the case involving 8 Indian employees of Al Dahra company. We are deeply shocked by the verdict of death penalty and are awaiting the detailed judgement. We are in touch with the family members and the legal team, and we are exploring all legal options.

“We attach high importance to this case, and have been following it closely. We will continue to extend all consular and legal assistance. We will also take up the verdict with Qatari authorities,” it added.

Due to the confidential nature of proceedings of this case, it would not be appropriate to make any further comment at this juncture, the statement further said.

(IANS)

ShareTweetSendSharePinShareSend
Previous Post

Delhi Court To Decide On Nov 6 On Taking Cognisance Of ED Supplementary Charge Sheet In PFI Money Laundering Case

Next Post

MP Polls: Kamal Nath Files Nomination From Chhindwara, Recalls His First Election From His Pocket Borough

Related Posts

Nation

Mamata Banerjee’s Swami/Sri Critique On PM Over Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Birth Anniversary

February 19, 2026
Nation

Priyanka Gandhi Begins Two-Day Assam Visit To Speed Up Cong Poll Preparations

February 19, 2026
Nation

SC Grants Bail To Vikram Bhatt, Wife In Multi-Crore Fraud Case

February 19, 2026
Nation

13th Ladakh Marathon To Be Held From Sep 10 To 13, Registrations Begins

February 19, 2026
Nation

Six-Term Cong MLA K. Babu Quits Electoral Politics

February 19, 2026
Supreme Court
Nation

‘Ghooskhor Pandit’ Title Dropped; No Insult To Religion, Community: Neeraj Pandey In SC

February 19, 2026
Next Post

MP Polls: Kamal Nath Files Nomination From Chhindwara, Recalls His First Election From His Pocket Borough

Trump Leaves Court After Face Off With Ex-Attorney Cohen & Judge Engoron

Renowned Kirtankar Baba Maharaj Satarkar Dies At 89, PM Condoles

Khimji
OMC
  • Feedback
  • RSS Feed
  • Sitemap

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Odisha
  • Nation
  • World
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Videos
  • Science & Tech
  • Photo Gallery
  • Odisha Special

© 2025 - Ommcom News. All Rights Reserved.