Bhubaneswar: Ten freedom fighters, hailing from Odisha, will be conferred with the prestigious President’s Award on the occasion of Kranti Diwas which falls on August 9.
However, in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the freedom fighters will not go to the Rashtrapati Bhawan in Raisina Hill of New Delhi. The Collectors of the respective districts will felicitate the dignitaries by personally visiting their houses. The felicitation will be done with strict adherence to the COVID-19 norms.
Here is the list of the freedom fighters who will be felicitated this year:
- Nilamani Samal: Balipadia, Barchana, Jajpur
- Ramahari Goswami: Surjyapur, Dhusuri, Bhadrak
- Gourishyama Goswami: Surjyapur, Dhusuri, Bhadrak
- Iswara Bisoyi: Majhikhanda, Ranpur, Nayagarh
- Braja Kishore Rout: Kamarabandha, Dhamnagar, Bhadrak
- Biswanath Das: Bhagaban Sindhol, Balikuda, Jagatsinghpur
- Debananda Gupta: Kalami, Mura, Sambalpur
- Sahadeb Behera: Kantilo, Nayagarh
- Makardwaj Das: Hatabanapur, Kendrapara
- Dadhichi Sahoo: Kaipadia, Jajpur