Bhubaneswar: In the last 24 hours, Odisha registered 17 more COVID-19 deaths, the Health and Family Welfare Department informed. With this spike in fatalities, Odisha’s COVID-19 death toll reached 1,089.
Another 53 persons who were infected with novel Coronavirus, have died due to other health complications, the Health and Family Welfare Department data revealed.
Ganjam district has recorded the maximum 225 COVID deaths, followed by Khurda with 184 deaths. In Cuttack, 94 persons have died due to COVID-19 while, 72 persons have succumbed due to the deadly virus in Puri.
With 61 and 53 COVID mortalities in Balasore and Sundergarh respectively, these two districts are in fifth and sixth in the order, in Odisha till October 15.
The details of the COVID-19 casualties as shared by the State Government today are as below:
- A 60-year old female of Cuttack district;
- A 57-year old female of Nayagarh;
- A 70-year old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from old Cerebrovascular Accident with Hemiplegia;
- A 28-year old male of Cuttack district;
- An 85-year old female of Jajpur district;
- A 55-year old male of Balasore who was also suffering from Diabetes;
- A 49-year old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension;
- A 72-year old male of Bhubaneswar;
- A 42-year old male of Bhubaneswar;
- A 77-year old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertensions;
- A 58-year old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Renal Failure;
- A 55-year old male of Boudh district;
- A 70-year old male of Kalahandi district;
- A 36-year old female of Sundargarh district;
- A 69-year old male of Rourkela;
- A 60-year old female of Ganjam district; and
- A 50-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypothyroidism.