18 Financial Irregularities In 17 Cooperative Banks In Last 3 Yrs: Odisha Cooperation Minister
Bhubaneswar: There have been 18 financial irregularities detected in 17 District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) in the last three years (2016-17, 2017-18 & 2018-19) as well as nine cases of financing fake loans and misappropriation of Government funds detected.
While the 18 cases financial irregularities amount to a tune of Rs 4,17,25,178 crore, the nine cases of Odisha State Cooperative Bank Ltd. amount to Rs 4,15,000 lakh.
This has been informed in the Assembly by Odisha Cooperation Minister Ranendra Pratap Swain.
Replying to a query made by Congress MLA Suresh Kumar Routray, the Minister apprised the House:
1. Angul CCB – Rs 19783200 crore – 4 persons involved – 4 cases filed – 3 employees under Suspension, one Dismissed, referred to EOW, Vigilance
2. Balasore CCB – Rs 5190000 crore – 4 persons involved – 2 cases filed – Suspension, Dismissal, Vigilance case initiated
3. Bhawanipatna CCB – Rs 549993 lakh – 1 person involved – 1 case filed – Suspension
4. Bolangir CCB – Rs 7520000 crore – 3 persons involved – 1 case filed – Disciplinary proceedings referred to Anti-Corruption
5. Mayurbhanj CCB – Rs 7224000 crore – 9 persons involved – 9 cases filed – Disciplinary proceedings
6. Sambalpur CCB – Rs 1547985 crore – 6 persons involved – 1 case filed – Imprisoment, Enquiry by Police of Bhatli PS Case No. 158 dt 04.11.2017
Nil in Aska, Berhampur, Boudh, Cuttack, Keonjhar, Khurda, Koraput, Nayagarh, Puri-Nimapara, Banki and Sundargarh CCBs, the annexure circulated in the House stated.
Information pertaining to Rs 4,15,000 financial irregularities in Odisha State Cooperative Bank Ltd stated that nine cases of seven employees pending/under investigation. While there are four DGM rank officials, one is of GM rank, another AGM and one more sub-staff. Three DGMs have retired and one is in service. GM has also retired. AGM is in service while the sub-staff is under suspension for alleged misappropriation of bank money to a tune of Rs 4,15,000 lakh. Amount of others has not been specified.