**Nabrangpur:** As many as 20 persons including 9 children from 10 families were taken ill after consuming wild mushrooms in Chikili village under Dabugaon block in the district on Friday night.
Reportedly, the victim families have collected a particular variety of wild mushroom that was grown near their farm lands. After consuming the mushroom in dinner the victims started vomiting and developed symptoms like nausea, head reeling and loose motion.
All the sick were immediately rushed to Dabugaon Community Health Centre (CHC) where their condition is stated to be out of danger after treatment.
With the onset of the monsoon in the state Odisha has witnessed a sharp rise in toxic mushroom related food poisoning cases.
A day before, at least 12 persons developed food poisoning after eating wild mushrooms from the backyards of their houses in Kundriguda village of Jeypore. The district administration rushed a team of health officials to the village to sensitize people against the consumption of toxic mushroom.
**Also Read:** [12 Fall Ill After Consuming Poisonous Mushroom In Jeypore](www.ommcomnews.com/public/12-fall-ill-after-consuming-poisonous-mushroom-in-jeypore)