Bhubaneswar: At least five personnel of Odisha Police are stated to be absconding after being accused of various cognizable offences in the different police districts.
The Legislative Assembly was informed today by Minister of State for Home (MoS Home) Dibya Shankar Mishra while replying to a question put up by BJP legislator Shankar Oram.
The MoS Home apprised the House that four police personnel from Kandhamal and Rourkela and one from Kendrapara police districts are recorded to have absconded soon after booked for the crimes allegedly committed by them.
As per the official data tabled in the Assembly today:
1) Kendrapara police district, Absconded Police Man is OAPF/520 Arun Baskey, Mahakalapara PS Case No. 29 dtd. 23.03.2019 U/s 363/366/376 (3) IPC/6 POCSO Act.
2) Kandhamal police district, OAPF/113 Laxman Kanhar, Phulbani Town PS Case No. 25 dtd. 12.02.2021 U/s 493/417/376 (2) (n)/313 IPC
3) Kandhamal police district, Deputy Subedar, 8th IRBN Sibabrata Behera, Phulbani Town PS Case No. 24 dtd. 11.02.2021 U/s 170/417/419/384/395 IPC.
4) Rourkela police district, Sepoy/281 Hema Sagar Bag, Plant Site PS Case No. 236 dtd. 02.08.2019 U/s 419/420/468/471 IPC
5) Rourkela police district, Constable/1362 Kuna Naik, Rourkela Sector-7 PS Case No. 118 dtd. 02.10.2020 U/s 417/376 (2) (n)/506 IPC.
The Minister further informed the House that the case pertaining to Tamando PS Case No. 30/2016 is still under investigation in which complainant Prabhasini Swain has, meanwhile, died due to certain neurological ailments.
Till date, no concrete evidence has been found against both the accused husband and wife allegedly involved in a fraud case, the MoS Home concluded.