09 October 2019
Bhubaneswar: Twin City Commissionerate Police on Wednesday issued an advisory for regulation of traffic during immersion procession of Goddess Durga in Bhubaneswar Urban Police District.
The advisory issued by the Police Commissionerate says that there are three bhasani committees (immersion committees) like Bhubaneswara Bhasani Utsav Committee at Saheed Nagar, Rajdhani Mandir Surakshya Bhasani Samiti at Nayapalli and Uttar Bhubaneswar Bhasani Committee Chandrasekharpur.
All the deities will congregate at the ‘melana’ grounds of their respective immersion committees and take their respective route for immersion.
To ensure better convenience and in the larger interest of public safety, the Police Commissionerate has imposed following restrictions on Wednesday day from 3 PM to Thursday l AM for the convenience and safety of general public.
1. For the immersion procession of Bhubaneswar Bhasani Utsav Committee at Saheed Nagar, the traffic intending to proceed towards Rupali Square from Vani Vihar side shall be diverted from Vani Vihar towards Acharya Vihar.
2. No vehicles, of any type shall be allowed to ply on Janpath. They shall be diverted to Sachivalay Marg and other adjacent roads.
3. For the immersion procession of Rajdhani Mandir Suraksha Bhasani Samiti, Nayapalli, the traffic intending to proceed towards Cuttack from CRP square side shall be diverted from CRP square towards Jaydev Vihar via Ekamra Park and Biju Pattnaik College. The vehicular traffic on Stewart school road, Unit-8 road, OUAT Square-New Airport road shall be diverted on to the adjacent roads.
4. For Uttar Bhubaneswar Vasani Committee -- Chandrasekharpur, the traffic intending to proceed towards Nalco Square from KITT side shall be diverted to other adjacent roads from Nandan Kanan - Jayadev Vihar road. This traffic regulation shall be effected from 3 PM or starting time of procession whichever is later. The diversion shall continue till 1 AM or dispersion of the Medhas whichever is earlier.
5. Heavy vehicles coming from Khurdha side towards Bhubaneswar shall be diverted at starting point of Fire Station Over Bridge towards the flyover. No vehicles shall be allowed to ply on service road.
6. Keeping in view the above restrictions the people intending to go to Railway Station and Airport may make arrangements accordingly to avoid delay.
The advisory further says that violation of this order is an offence punishable under section 96 of Odisha Urban Police Act-2003 and is compoundable by an officer of and above the rank of Inspector of Police or any officer of and above the rank of ASI of Police attached to Traffic Wing, Bhubaneswar with a minimum fine of Rs 500 which may extend up to Rs 1,000 per offence.
The traffic regulation shall be effected from 3 PM or starting time of procession whichever is later to 1 AM or ending time of the procession, whichever is earlier, the advisory added.