Bhubaneswar: Bharatiya Janata Party's national President Amit Shah released the Election Manifesto for Odisha named 'Sankalp Patra' here today ahead of the assembly polls in the State. Party's Vice-President Baijayant Panda, Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and senior leader Bijoy Mohapatra were also present in the ceremony.
The manifesto focuses on the following points for the creation of a New Odisha:
A Dignified and Secure life for Women of Odisha
- Enact a legislation to award capital punishment to those involved in rape of girls aged 15 years or younger. Strict security measures in all residential schools and shelter homes.
- Introduction the Shaila Bala Two-wheeler Yojana to provide a two-wheeler free
of cost to all meritorious girl students upon completion of Plus-two education.
- Launch of Subhadra Samriddhi Yojana wherein every girl child on enrollment in 10th class, 12th class and graduate education will receive Rs 10,000, Rs 15,000 and Rs 10,000 respectively.
- Smartphones to all members of Women’s SHGs with 2GB monthly data.
- Monthly benefit of Rs 500 to all Green Card Holders.
- Widow pension to Rs 1000 for the age group above 60 years and to Rs 1500 per month for those above the age of 79 years.
- One-time loan waiver for all outstanding loans taken by women SHGs and creation of a revolving fund of Rs 2000 Crore to provide interest free loans and seed money to both old and new SHGs.
- Women SHG centric “Maker to Market” initiative will be set up and 314 Maa Tara Tarini Stores will be launched at block level.
- Ujjwala Sanitary Vending Machines in every village for affordable access to quality sanitary napkins at a cost of Re 1.
Empowering Annadata (farmers)
- Interest free crop loans can be availed by sharecroppers, small and marginal farmers of Odisha.
- 100% implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN).
- Provide 1.5 times the input cost as the MSP for all eligible crops.
- Facilitate the clearance of dues owed to the sugarcane farmers by the sugar
mills in the first 150 days of forming the government.
- Promise to introduce Mobile Dhaan Procurement Vans to facilitate the collection and paddy procurement.
- Extension of pension benefits under Pradhan Mantri Shramyogi Mandhan Yojana enabling a pension of Rs 3000 per month upon crossing the age of 60 years.
- 'Chasi Samman Card' to ensure that the various benefits are made available to them effectively.
- Expansion of irrigation network in the state through a dedicated fund of Rs 1,00,000 crores over the next five years.
- Subsidy of 95% on solar pumpsets with capacity of 3 HP and 5 HP to all farmers.
- Introduction of Mission INDRA (Integrated Drought Proofing and Rainfed
Agriculture) to promote comprehensive rain water harvesting and ground water management, including the construction of 5000 check dams across the state.
- Grain Storage Warehouses and Cold Chain facilities in every cluster of Gram Panchayats.
- Providing marine fishermen with 300 litres diesel and kerosene at 50% subsidy every year.
- Setting up of a Rs 150 Crore fund for “Odisha Silk Mission” to double the production of high quality silk in the State.
Youth of Odisha - the future of the State
- Employment/ self-employment to one member in every household of the state.
- The BJP government will establish a Skill Odisha Fund of Rs 3500 crore to skill 20
lakh youth under the Odisha Skill Development Program over the next 5 years.
- Opportunity for self employment through a revolving fund of Rs 3000 crore which will facilitate loans of upto Rs 3 lakh at 1% interest rate.
- A Rs 1000 crore “Dharmapad Start-Up Fund” to support innovative business ideas
- Open Gymnasiums shall be established at every gram panchayat to promote a healthy lifestyle amongst the youth of Odisha.
- Launch of a “Madhu Babu Smart Digital Device Yojana” to provide every EWS
college student with a smart digital device.
- Establish 10 residential coaching institutes across the state to train socially and economically backward students for various competitive exams.
- Construction of 30 Mega Youth Hostels with a capacity of over 1000 with residential and recreational facilities across the state.
Holistic Upliftment of Tribals of Odisha
- Patta claims of tribal settlers will be settled within the next 5 years.
- PESA rules will be notified and implemented within 3 months of BJP coming to power.
- Forest Rights Act will be strictly implemented and the development of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribe communities will be taken up on priority basis.
- Promise to provide 3 kg daal and 1 kg of salt free of cost to all BPL Tribal and
Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group households.
- Procurement of all minor forest products at Minimum Support Price (MSP) and ensure payment of this MSP within a week.
- Reimbursement of GST collected on Kendu leaves.
- Setting up 13 Laxman Nayak Residential Training academies in every scheduled district.
Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas-BJP way of Development
- Lives of the poor will be transformed and they will be enabled to become part of the neo-middle class (Nabamadhyabit).
- A separate budget to provide focused funds for the development of all backward regions of the state.
- By 2022, every household shall live in a pucca house with toilet, drinking water, and electricity, and with proper title (patta).
- Government vacancies are filled up within 2 years of assuming office.
- Increase of remuneration of the Anganwadi workers to Rs 15000 and for helpers to Rs 9000 and a retirement benefit of Rs 1 lakh.
- Implement 10% reservation in state government jobs and educational institutes for the economically weaker sections (EWS).
- Implement reservation provided to Socially and economically Backward Classes in government jobs and educational institutions in letter and spirit.
- All domestic electricity consumption by EWS households of upto 50 units will be charged at a reduced rate of Re. 1/unit.
- 24x7 metered tap water supply of potable, uncontaminated drinking water to all households .
- Iodised salt packets priced at Re. 1 will be made available along with the Re 1 rice scheme.
- Old age pension will be increased to Rs 1000 for the age group above 60 years and
to Rs 1500 per month for those above the age of 79 years.
Industrial Development and Economy of Odisha
- Odisha will rank amongst the top 5 in terms of Ease of Doing Business.
- The promise of Purboday in Odisha- Leveraging of human resources, minerals, and the agricultural edge.
- Make Odisha an epicenter of all industrial activities in South-East Asia.
- Odisha will be developed as a knowledge based economy with growth of IT sector to give thrust to 21st-century industries such as artificial intelligence, hi-tech precision, cloud computing and robotics.
- Establishing MSME clusters in every district based on the principle of ‘One
District One Product’ (ODOP).
Robust Health System in Odisha
- 100% implementation of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat) Scheme in the state.
- Reduction of malnutrition amongst children and women of Odisha through the launch of the Odisha Nutrition Mission.
- Medical College in every district.
- Establishing an integrated emergency response hotline - 112 with a fleet of 2000 ambulances to reach pregnant women and patients in critical condition within 30
minutes.Upon failure of meeting the 30 minutes timeline the patient will be reimbursed with a sum of Rs 2500.
- 5 Super Speciality Medi-Cities across the state.
- AYUSH clinics in every District Hospital and CHC to help promote traditional medicine and holistic treatment of patients.
- Mini Jan Aushadhi Kendras attached to every PHC and Jan Aushadhi Kendras at the CHC level.
Elementary and Higher Education in Odisha
- Free quality education in government educational institutions from KG to PG to all EWS students.
- Launch of Bidyarthi Yatra Yojana with the aim to provide 50% subsidy on travel to all college and high school going students on state transport buses.
- Establishment of Day Boarding Schools in a cluster of every 5 Gram Panchayats with transport facilities.
- A world class knowledge city in Bhubaneswar.
- A B.Ed College in every district.
- A network of Buxi Jagabandhu Public libraries at every Gram Panchayat in the state.
- Collaboration with the Central Government to establish a Central University of Agriculture in the KBK region.
Rural & Urban Development and Infrastructure
- Launch the Gopabandhu Rural Advancement Mission (GRAM) with a budgetary allocation of Rs 1 lakh Crore over 5 years.
- Launch of Subhash Chandra Bose Advancement and Rejuvenation of Nagaras (SUBARNA) Yojana with a budgetary allocation of Rs 35,000 Crore over 5 years.
- Rs 1500 crore Odisha Smart Cities Mission fund to further develop 15 towns and cities on the lines of Smart Cities.
- Expedite the process of constructing the 415 kms-long Digha-Gopalpur Coastal Highway project.
- Capital Area Metro Rail Project to connect and integrate the twin cities of Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
- Transformation of Mahanadi riverfront in Cuttack.
- Fleet of current transport buses will be increased from 344 to 1000 across Odisha.
- All 30 districts of the state will be connected by rail.
- All develop 15 ports on the coastal belt of Odisha.
Odisha Pride- Tourism, Art and Culture
- A statue of Buxi Jagbandhu at Khurda and a world class museum and memorial in remembrance of the Paika Bidroha, the First War of Independence in India.
- Rs 2000 crore Odisha Tourism Skill Fund to train and upskill 5 lakh local youth from tourists hubs to empower them to chart their own future.
- 15 new tourism circuits.
- Tourism Department budget will be increased to Rs 1000 Crore.
- Develop Puri as the Spiritual Capital of India.
- Launch Pujari Bandhu Yojana to provide a monthly financial assistance of Rs 1000 to all priests across the State.
- Establish Kelucharan Mahapatra Performing Art Centres in each district.
- Establish cinema halls through the PPP mode in every block of the state.
A Well Governed Odisha
- Chief Minister monitored online grievance redressal system.
- Policy of Zero Tolerance to corruption at all levels.
- Revisit the existing liquor licensing policies to combat alcoholism.
- Interviews to fill Grade-III and Grade- IV government jobs will be abolished.
- Assist the common man to avail benefits of central and state government schemes at their doorstep through a network of Seva Setus.
- Promise of transparent investigation into Ratna Bhandar and Nabakalebara matters will be conducted.
- Special Task Force to monitor the funds allocated to the districts under the District Mineral Fund.
Prioritising Judiciary, Law and Order above all
- Police force will be empowered to take stringent action against anti-social elements.
- Strict measures to curb the menace of illegal mining in the state.
- Special Investigation Team to probe into the Chit Fund Scam.
- Ensure that development, forest rights, and maintenance of law and order in tribal areas is given priority to curb the exploitation of tribals and naxalism.
Forest, Environment, Disaster Management and Renewable Energy
- Establish a Disaster Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Monitoring Task Force to ensure smooth transition to normality for those who are affected by natural and man made disasters.
- Triple the existing capacity of solar power production to upto 4GW in the next 5 years.
- Set up an Odisha Renewable Energy Development Fund of Rs 500 crore to accelerate the development of renewable sources of energy in the state.
- 50% subsidy on purchase of CNG and electric public vehicles, and to invest in creating the necessary infrastructure to support these vehicles across the state.
- Provide 40% subsidy for installing Rooftop Solar Power units.