Blaze Breaks Out In Malkangiri House, Valuable Property Gutted

Malkangiri: Property worth over lakh over rupees reduced to ashes following a fire mishap in a house here in the district headquarters town today morning.

As per reports, the incident occurred at the house of Batakrushna Mallick based at Tala Sahi. Mallick has let a part of his house to a mechanic of LG company where the fire broke out.

While the rented house was found locked from outside, the locals noticed smoke emitting from the house and immediately alerted the Fire Station following which the fire brigade personnel rushed there and doused the flames.

The Fire personnel assumed short circuit to be the reason behind the fire mishap.

M Tripathy, Fire Officer, Malkangiri