CAA Protests: Train Services Affected In Odisha And WB
Bhubaneswar: The passengers have been urged to check their train times as the trains which originate or pass through Odisha have been changed owing to strikes.
There were reports of public agitation due to the Citizenship Amendment Act (2019) at different Railway Stations like Sankrail, Maurigram, Bankra Nayabaj and Nalpur Stations in Howrah-Kharagpur Railway Section of South Eastern Railway. Accordingly, several trains were partially or full cancelled.
Here’s the list:
Cancellation of Trains on December 14 from Howrah
1. 20889 Howrah-Tirupati Humsafar Express from Howrah.
2. 22877 Howrah-Ernakulam Antyoday Express from Howrah.
3. 12841 Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express from Howrah.
4. 12245 Howrah-Yesvantpur Duronto Express from Howrah.
5. 18645 Howrah-Hyderabad East Coast Express.
Cancellation of Trains from Puri
1. 22890 Puri-Digha Express will remain cancelled on 14.12.2019 (Saturday) from Puri due to cancellation of connecting train.
2. 58002 Puri-Santragachhi Passenger from Puri on 15.12.2019 due to cancellation of connecting train.
3. 58404 Puri-Khurda Passenger on 15.12.2019 due to cancellation of connecting train.
Partial Cancellation of Trains on December 14
1. 12278/12277 Puri-Howrah-Puri Shatabdi Express will run between Puri and Kharagpur and will remain cancelled between Kharagpur and Howrah from both the directions.
2. 12074/12073 Bhubaneswar-Howrah-Bhubaneswar Jan Shatabdi Express will run between Bhubaneswar and Mechheda and will remain cancelled between Mechheda and Howrah from both the directions.
Control of Trains at different places
1. Chennai-Howrah Coromandal Express at Panskura
2. Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto Express at Bhadrak
3. Secunderabad-Howrah Falaknuma Express at Jajpur Keonjhar Road
4. Puri-Howrah Dhauli Express at Cuttack