Bhubaneswar: Train services continue to remain affected for the third consecutive day on Howrah-Kharagpur Railway Section of South Eastern Railways as people continued with their protest against the amended Citizenship Act at different Railway Stations in this section.
In view of the public agitation, the Indian Railways has cancelled and/or partially cancelled several trains in the aforementioned section said an official communiqué issued by the East Coast Railways (ECoR) here today.
Here’s the list of trains cancelled and/or partially cancelled:
CANCELLATION OF TRAINS FROM HOWRAH:
01. 22201 Sealdah-Puri Express from Sealdah on 16.12.2019
02. 12841 Howrah-Chennai Coromandal Express from Howrah on 16.12.2019
03. 12863 Howrah-Yesvantpur Express from Howrah on 16.12.2019
05. 12703 Howrah-SecunderabadFalaknuma Express from Howrah on 16.12.2019
OTHER CANCELLATION OF TRAINS
01. 20890 Tirupati-Howrah express from Tirupati on 15.12.2019
02. 22878 Ernakulam-Howrah Express from Ernakulam on 17.12.2019
03. 12246 Yesvantpur-Howrah Express from Yesvantpur on 16.12.201
04. 22860 Chennai-Puri Express from Chennai on 16.12.2019
05. 18048 Vasco da Gama- Howrah Amaravati Express from Vascodagama on 15.12.2019
06. 12864 Yesvantpur-Howrah Express from Yesvantpur on 15.12.2019
07. 02860 Chennai-Puri Special from Chennai on 16.12.2019
08. 22818 Mysore-Howrah Express from Mysore on 16.12.2019
09. 12246 Yesvantpur-Howrah Express from Yesvantpur on 16.12.2019
10. 12510 Guwahati-Bangalore Cant Express from Guwahati on 17.12.2019
11. 12504 Agartala-Bangalore Cant Express from Agartala on 17.12.2019
12. 12514 Guwahati-Secunderabad Express from Guwahati on 19.12.2019
The public agitation in Howrah-Kharagpur Railway section is being observed and some trains are being cancelled due to cancellation of connecting trains from various stations.
The situation is under observation. Today, train movement to Howrah is normal.
It may be noted that all the above cancellation of trains is the effect of disturbance to Train operations on December December 13 & 14, 2019. As train links are involved, the cascading effect of disruption in Train operations has led to the above situation.