Bhubaneswar: With the State-level Independence Day Parade-2020 going to be held at the IDCO Exhibition Ground in Bhubaneswar on August 15, the Commissionerate Police is going to impose certain restrictions on the venue and its periphery.
On the eve of the Independence Day ceremony, the Commissionerate Police has issued the following traffic restrictions/ diversions which will be in force on Madhusudan Marg and its periphery from 6.30 AM onwards till completion of the function on August 15.
- No vehicles shall be allowed to ply between MBS blocking – St Joseph lane blocking stretch of Ram Mandir and Housing Board Square road from 6.30 AM onwards on August 15 till the parade is over.
- Vehicles coming from the Housing Board side intending to go towards Ram Mandir will be allowed up to MBS lane blocking at the Housing Board square where they will be diverted towards the Kendriya Vidyalaya lane. Similarly, vehicle coming from towards the Ram Mandir Square intending to go towards Housing Board Square will be allowed up to St Joseph lane where they will be diverted towards the Kendriya Vidyalaya lane exiting out at the MBS lane blocking near the Housing Board Square.
- There will be a blocking at the Hotel Charlie lane where vehicles coming from PMG, Keshari Talkies side will be diverted towards Sachivalaya Marg. There will be blocking at lanes exiting out at gate No I and II emerging from Sachivalaya Marg.
- Lanes emerging from the Kendriya Vidyalaya lane exiting out at the Housing Board Ram Mandir road will be blocked and there will be no vehicular movement on MBS blocking – St Joseph lane.
- There will be designated parking spaces as listed below:
|Sl. No||Name of the Parking Places|
|1||VVIP Parking at the right flank of gate No. 1|
|2||VIP and other guests parking at the right flank of gate No. 5|
|3||Media parking at left flank of gate No. 5|
|4||Vehicles of participating contingents and Police personnel parking at MBS blocking – St Joseph lane blocking stretch (on Housing Board – Ram Mandir road).|
Selling of Gas Balloons is strictly prohibited in the area near Madhusudan Marg between the Ram Mandir Square and the Housing Board Square on August 15 from 6.30 AM till the parade is over.
Violation of the order is an offence punishable under section 96 of the Odisha Urban Police Act, 2003 and is compoundable with a minimum fine of Rs 500 which can extend upto Rs 1000.