Bhubaneswar: The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha has released the programme for Optional Examination, 2020 to be held from November 5 to 7. While the examination will be held from 10 AM, students have been asked to be seated for the examination by 9.45 AM.
For smooth conduct of the examination, the Council has issued the following guidelines.
1. Examinations to be conducted in strict adherence to the COVID-19 Guidelines issued by the Government from time to time. No examinee is to be allowed to enter into the examination hall without wearing face mask.
2. The candidates must carry their Admit Card and Photo Identity Card issued by their concerned H.S. School for their identification at the EMH Examination Centre.
3. The Examination will be held as per the programme even if any of the date is subsequently declared as holiday.
4. The examinees are to appear the Optional Examination from the Examination Management Hub (EMH) Centre of their own College. However, examinees residing in other districts, other than the district of their own Higher Secondary School, are permitted to appear from their District Headquarters Nodal H.S. School, where he/she is residing at present, provided option has been exercised at the time of form fill-up and Admit Card is issued to the effect and the same question paper is available in District Headquarters Nodal H.S. School.
5. The examinations of Biology (Section-A: Botany & Section-B: Zoology) for Regular students will be held in a single sitting with a gap of 20 minutes.
6. All Regular and Ex-Regular candidates (Registered in 2016, 2017 & 2018) will appear in white colour question as per 2018-2020 Syllabus. Ex-Regular candidates, if any, i. e. registration up to the year 2015 will appear in yellow colour question as per 2017 Syllabus. However, the question paper of Vocational stream have been printed light green/light blue paper.
7. Any mistake detected should however be brought to the notice of the Controller of Examinations immediately.
The Principals/Centre Superintendents of all Colleges/EMH Examination Centres have been requested to take necessary steps for circulation of the notification among the examinees. EMH Centres are to conduct the Optional Examination for the students of the H.S. Schools under their control.
The Principals of H.S. Schools have been requested to download the Admit Cards, get the signature of the candidate on the Admit Card and put their signature before distribution. They have to prepare a consolidated list of candidates with Roll Number and Subject along with the tagged H.S. Schools and submit to the Centre Superintendent of their concerned EMH.
The Principals have also been asked to collect the original computerised Certificate, Mark Sheet and Migration Certificate from the candidate before issue of Admit Card, if the candidate has already taken admission.
For the candidate not taken admission/waiting for sliding up till issue of Admit Cards, the Principals are requested to collect undertaking for the surrender of the Original computerised Certificate, Mark Sheet and Migration Certificate immediately after admission and before the declaration of result of the Optional Examination, 2020.