Bhubaneswar: The Central Government has decided to re-open the cinema halls nation-wide from October 15 with 50% occupancy and has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the exhibition of films.
As per the PIB India tweet today, the cinema halls will re-open from October 15, to operate with 50% occupancy, only packed food to be allowed, proper ventilation and the AC temperature must be in the range of 24 to 30 degree Celsius.
The SOP for the exhibition of films:
1. Occupanancy of the auditorium shall not be more than 50%.
2. Adequate physical distancing while seating.
3. Seats “Not to be occupied” shall be marked as such.
4. Provision for hand wash and hand sanitizers.
5. Installation and use of Arogya Setu App shall be advised to all.
6. Thermal screening to be carried out. Only asymptomatic individuals shall be allowed.
7. Self-monitoring of health and reporting any illness.
8. Staggered show timings shall be followed for different screens.
9. Digital mode of payment to be encouraged.
10. Regular cleaning and disinfection of the box-office and other areas.
11. Sufficient number of counters at the box-office shall be opened.
12. Audience encouraged to avoid movement during the intermission.
13. Floor markers shall be used for physical distancing for queue management at the box-office.
14. Purchase of tickets at the box-office to be open throughout the day, advance booking to be allowed to avoid crowding.
15. Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
16. Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed.
17. Only packaged food and beverages shall be allowed; no delivery inside the hall.
18. Multiple sale counters for food and beverages.
19. Measures for the safety of sanitization staff such as adequate provisions for gloves, boots, masks, PPE, etc.
20. Contact number shall be taken to facilitate contact tracing.
21. Sufficient number of counters at the box-office shall be opened.
22. COVID-19 related stigmatization or unruly behaviour shall be dealt with strictly.
23. Temperature setting of air conditioning should be in the range of 24-30 degree Celcius.
24. Public service announcements on wearing masks, physical distancing and hand hygiene to be made before and after screening and during intermission.
To know about the SOP in detail, click here