Close Shave For 30 As Bus Catches Fire In Odisha

Keonjhar: Over 30 passengers had a narrow escape after a bus in which they were travelling caught fire near Hatadihi tahsil chowk in Keonjhar district today.

According to reports, a bus named Sri Laxmi which was going to Khiching from Bhadrak caught fire due to an electric short circuit near Hatadihi tahsil chowk under Anandapur sub-division in Keonjhar district.

As smoke filled the inside of the bus, the driver stopped the vehicle and asked passengers to get down. There were over 30 passengers inside the bus. Locals rushed to rescue the passengers and doused the fire.

It is suspected that the electric short circuit was caused due to some fault in the vehicle’s battery.