Bhubaneswar: Kalahandi Collector Gavali Parag Harshad on Tuesday declared areas under five wards in Bhawanipatna town as Containment Zone after the detection of six cases of COVID-19.
The areas under Irrigation Colony (Ward No. 02), Ramnagarpada (Ward No. 03), Bahadur Bagicha Pada (Ward No. 07), Haliapada (Ward No. 18) and Statue Chowk (Ward No. 20) of Bhawanipatna town has been declared as Containment Zone and three kilometres radius of the containment zone as Buffer Zone with the following conditions.
- All Vehicular movement or movement of public transport and personnel movement will be stopped barring extremely urgent medical cases with the permission of the Collector in the containment zone.
- All inhabitants within the Containment Zone shall strictly remain in home. All the shopping establishments of whatsoever nature shall be closed immediately.
- All the Government and Private institutions located within the boundary of the Containment Zone are hereby closed forthwith.
- The movement of people in Buffer Zone is restricted except for essential works and strictly following the social distancing norms.
- Superintendent of Police, Kalahandi will make necessary arrangements for immediate deployment of adequate Police at required Points.
- Sub-Collector, Bhawanipatna will remain in overall charge.
- Tahasildar, Kalahandi will be responsible for maintaining law & order.
- Executive Officer, Bhawanipatna Municipality will ensure the supply of essential goods & Medical supplies in the Containment and buffer zone.
- CDMO, Kalahandi will ensure Contact tracing, IEC, active surveillance in Containment zone and passive surveillance in the buffer zone.
- Other instructions as mentioned vide Order No 2800/ R & DM (DM) Dated 18.05.2020 Clause-5 will be applicable mutatis mutandis.
- The shutdown period is effective till Midnight of 30th July, 2020.