Bhubaneswar: The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today declared parts of Ward No 67 (Sunderpada) and Ward No 64 (Jadupur) as containment zone to check the spread of COVID-19.
One coronavirus positive case has been detected in this area today. The decision was taken after a samples from Kapila Prasad tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a notification issued by Municipal Commissioner Prem Chandra Chaudhary, the following areas under Ward No 67 has been declared as containment zone:
- Sunderpada Municipality Hospital square to Kaluasuni Temple;
- Sunderpada Municipality Hospital square to Sarkantara New Culvert (Near Railway Track);
- Kaluasuni Temple to Tata Project SeTP; and
- Tata Project SeTP to Sarkantara New Culvert (Near Railway Track).
Similarly in Ward No 64, revenue villages of Jadupur and Begunia have been declared as containment zone:
- Pala Mandap Chhaka (Begunia) to Jadupur Village;
- Pani Tanki to Jadupur village;
- Main Road Auto Stand to Jadupur village; and
- Ambedkar Sikhya Kendra to Jadupur village.
“No public shall be allowed to move into the containment zone and the inhabitants within the containment zone shall not move out,” the notification stated.
All inhabitants within the containment zone shall strictly remain in home. All the shipping establihsments shall be closed immediately. The supply of essentials and medical requirements will be ensured through various teams formed by the BMC, it added.
“All the Government and private institutions located within the boundary of the containment zones have been closed with immediate effect,” BMC’s notification read.