Cuttack: In the wake of surge in COVID cases, the Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) has issued guidelines for all the mosques and devotees during Ramzan.
The CMC guidelines are as follows:
- Religious gatherings for Namaz inside or outside of the mosque premises is capped at 100 persons or 50% of the hall capacity, whichever is lesser;
- The mosque management committee is responsible for the token-wise entry of devotees;
- Social distancing norms should be maintained at all times;
- Common washing places for ablution will not be provided, rather only running water will be given;
- Persons with co-morbidities, senior citizens and children below the age of five are not allowed;
- Usage of masks is compulsory; and
- Thermal scanning and hand sanitisers should be provided before and after prayers.
The guidelines have been issued taking into account the interest of health of general public and containment of Covid-19 spread. “Violation of any of the above conditions will attract suitable penal action as per law by the CMC Authority. We urge everyone to follow the guidelines strictly,” the CMC stated.