Bhubaneswar: Next of Kin (NoK) of the persons who died due to COVID-19 in Odisha can claim the ex-gratia assistance of Rs 50,000 to be provided by the State Government by submitting an application either in offline or online mode from November 3, stated Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) Pradeep Jena on Monday.
As intimated by the SRC to all Collectors, Municipal Commissioners, and CDMOs, the State Government has already authorized all District Collectors and Chairman of District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) to disburse ex-gratia assistance of Rs 50,000 only out of State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) to the eligible next of kin of the persons who died due to COVID-19 in the State.
In order to make quick payment of such ex-grata assistance to the NoK of the deceased, an “App” software (https://caps.odisha.gov.in ) i.e CAPS (COVID-19 ex-gratia Assistance Payment System) has been developed by IT Department.
Collectors have to approve, sanction and disburse the ex-gratia in this software CAPS and the payment of such assistance will be made directly to NOK from the Collectors through DBT.
Collectors will follow the procedure in this App- CAPS like DAMPS (Disaster Assistance Monitoring & Payment System) as in case of other approved disaster under SDRF.
It has been decided that the people will apply from November 3 either in offline (physically/ through post) or online (https://caps.odisha.gov.in) for their claim through a prescribed Application Format in Odia/ English to Collector with Covid-19 Death Certificate and other requisite documents mentioned in the Application Format.
With a view to facilitating the payment of such ex-gratia following procedures shall be followed.
1. A proper register shall be maintained in this context.
2. One application shall be used by applicant for one death case.
3. The Application shall be accepted from the public with all required documents which will be uploaded in the CAPS software ( https://caos.odisha.gov.in) in the office of Collector.
4. After uploading all documents in the CAPS relating to COVID- 19 death of the person, the same will be forwarded to concerned Tahasildar for verification and identification of NOK of the deceased & bank account details of NOK.
5. Concerned Tahasildar will verify physically & identify the NoK of the deceased and collect Bank A/C details (First page of Bank Pass Book) through concerned RI.
6. Tahasildar will upload the name of NOK & his/ her bank account details along with scan copy of RI report in the CAPS.
7. After uploading Tahasildar will forward the same with his remarks to Sub-Collector for verification.
8. Sub-Collector will forward this with his remarks to ADM
9. Finally Collector will approve & sanction of the payment of ex-gratia assistance in favour of NoK in this CAPS. ( IFMS)
10. A Nodal officer may be earmarked at Collector’s Office to deal with this matter. The name of the Nodal officer along with his/ her mobile no. may be intimated to this office.
11. Ex-gratia assistance of Rs.50,000/- shall be disbursed within a period of 30 days from the date of submitting application to Collector along with the proof of death of the deceased due to Covid-19 and the cause of death being certified as ” Died due to Covid-19″.
12. Govt. officials at different level may be directed to provide all assistance and co-operation to the people coming to apply for such ex-gratia assistance.
For smooth operation/facilitation of payment of such ex-gratia within 30 days through software CAPS, following time line at different level officers of the District has been prescribed which may be strictly adhered to.