Bhubaneswar/Cuttack: Reviewing the preparedness to meet all probable challenges arising out of the impending tropical severe cyclone “FANI”, in presence of all senior officers yesterday (April 30) and also today (May 1), Odisha DGP R.P.Sharma today deputed senior IPS officers to eleven districts assigning special duty of supervision.
As per a press note issued by the Odisha Police State Headquarters, the senior police officers deputed to different districts are:
1) CID,CB ADG S.K. Upadhyay in charge of Jajpur district.
2) ADG (Railways & Coastal Security) Pranabindu Acharya – Jagatsinghpur
3) ADG (Modernisation) Vinaytosh Mishra – Bhadrak
4) ADG (Operations) R.P. Koche – Khurda
5) Central Range IGP S.K.Priyadarshi – Puri
6) CID, CB IG Arun Bothra – Kendrapara
7) SAP IG Amitabh Thakur – Ganjam
8) SIW IG Ghanshyam Upadhyay – Nayagarh
9) ER DIG Amitendra Nath Sinha – Balasore
10) EOW DIG Nikhil Kumar Kanodia – Cuttack
11) Hdqrs DIG Shefeen Ahamed – Mayurbhanj
All these senior officers have been directed by the DGP to proceed immediately to the likely affected districts to oversee the police arrangements and coordinate with the district administration and other connected line agencies and field functionaries for rescue and relief operations.
The DGP also expressed at the vital review meeting that evacuation and rescue of people to safe places, restoration of road communication immediately after cyclone and proper distribution of relief materials with zero casualty are among the foremost priority of Odisha Police, stated the press note.
He has directed to ensure that additional logistics and manpower are available in the Police Stations and districts of probable affected districts. All communication equipments shall be made available to all field functionaries for uninterrupted communication.
The State Control Room has been geared up to remain in touch 24X7 with all field units of affected districts. The SPs of the districts to be affected have been directed to make their control rooms and DIBs functional round the clock.
ODRAF units have already been pre-positioned with all equipments and gadgets.
All SPs/ DCPs/ Range IG/DIGs and CP, BBSR have been directed to remain on high alert and vigil.
Leave of all kinds from Constabulary to IPS officers have been cancelled and those who are on leave are being recalled to resume duty immediately.