16 September 2016
Dhenkanal: In a shocking incident, a hyva truck driver named Sudam Behera was burnt alive along with the vehicle around 10:30 a.m in Dhenkanal on Friday, when it came in contact with a live wire of 33kV by accident.
The accident occurred when the hyva truck was unloading stone chips in the premises of the Homeopathy and Ayurvedic district office for construction work. In the process, it came in contact with the high voltage electric wire leading to electrocution.
The truck caught fire and the driver was electrocuted and burnt in subsequent fire, said witnesses. Fire brigade reached the spot and took necessary action to douse the fire. The police reached there and took necessary action.
Due to this mishappening, there was a total cut-off ot electricity in the town for about 5 hours.
“Once the truck owner reaches here and post mortem of the body is done, next course of action will be taken,” said Abhinab Dalua, IIC at Dhenkanal Town police station.