Electrician Dies Of Electric Shock In Dhenkanal, Family Demands Compensation

Dhenkanal: An electrician died after receiving an electric shock during repair work at Srirampur village under Tumusingha police limits of Dhenkanal district on Saturday.

Reportedly, during a power outage at the village last night, two electricians from the local electricity office had gone to repair the connection.

They found another electrician, Sudhir Tripathy, working on an electricity pole who received a shock when the power came back and he fell to the ground.

Locals immediately rushed him to Anlabereni Community Health Centre (CHC) from where he was shifted to the district headquarters hospital (DHH).

After his death, an argument broke between family members and the electricity office staff. They have demanded Rs 40 lakh compensation and a job for his wife.

Bharat Kandi, JE