Odisha

Electrician Dies While Power Restoration Work In Cyclone-Hit Puri

Puri: In an unfortunate incident, an electrician was electrocuted to death while repairing an electric pole near Amala Club in Kacheri sub-station here late last night.

The deceased has been identified as Pabitra Jena of Dandamukundapur village.

Soon after his death, other electricians raised concerns alleging that Pabitra was forcefully engaged in power restoration work. He also did not have  any safety gear on.

 The irate workers have reportedly snapped some connections near Bada Danda area and have threatened to go on a cease-work stir demanding compensation for the kin of deceased. They have also demanded suspension of the Executive Engineer and Junior Engineer. 

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close