Odisha

Elephant Electrocuted In Sambalpur

Sambalpur: An elephant died after it accidentally came in contact with a live wire at Ichhapali under Jujumura police limits of Sambalpur district on Tuesday.

Reportedly, the villagers had laid down the high voltage wire to hunt wild boar. The tusker had visited the area to feast on crops but instead got electrocuted.

On getting information, local police along with energy and forest department officials rushed to the spot and an investigation has been initiated.

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
Close