Fatherless Siblings Lose Mother To Snakebite In Balasore

Balasore: Two siblings, whose father had died four years back, lost their mother after she was bitten by a poisonous snake. Such has incident has occurred at Durgapur village under Badapokhari panchayat in Oupada block of Balasore district on Monday.

As per sources, a monocled cobra had entered the chicken coop or hen house inside the residence of the deceased Radha Singh of the village to take shelter from the flood after the recent cyclone.

Today morning, Radha found a hen dead and the eggs were dispersed. She picked the eggs and was trying to keep them in the coop when the snake bit her. She was immediately rushed to Soro hospital, however, she died on the way.

On getting information, forest officials rushed to the spot and rescued the 5-foot-long cobra. Sadly the diseased husband had passed away four years back and she had raised her two children with great difficulty.

Pradeep Rout, Forest Guard, Chandipur Wildlife Range