Bhubaneswar: The Finance Department of Odisha Government on Monday allowed financial institutions in the State to function as per normal banking hours with certain restrictions.
Director of Institutional Finance, Pragyansmita Sahoo, in a letter to all Collectors, SsP, DCP of Bhubaneswar and Cuttack and Convenor of SLBC Odisha, stated that due to the urgency of the delivery of the financial services to the people, the following financial institutions of the State are allowed to function with certain restrictions w.e.f 1st August, 2020 till 31st August, 2020 under strict adherence to the CORONA Advisory issued earlier by this department.
- All the Public Sector banks, Private sector banks, RRBs, Odisha State Co-operative Bank, Small Finance Bank and Insurance Companies are allowed to function as per normal banking hour for customers with 50% staff for the large branches and full staff for the small branches having less than five number of employees following strict social distancing, use of mask, hand sanitizers, etc.
- Clearing House, Controlling Office of the Banks, SEBI, Controlling Heads of the Insurance Companies and RBI are allowed to operate as per normal functioning time with 50% of staff.
- Capital and debt market services as notified by the Security &, Exchange Board of India (SEBI) are allowed to function as per normal functioning time with 50% of staff.
- Cash-in transit companies, ATM maintenance Companies and staff of NPCI are allowed to function during normal banking hours.
- BCs and CSPs of all banks operating in the State are allowed to function as per normal functioning time with following strict norms of social distancing, etc.
- Insurance Companies branches are allowed to operate as per normal functioning time for customers with 50% of staff.
- NBFC/RBI regulated MFIs operating in the State are allowed to operate in the State as per normal functioning time with 50% staff in their offices, observing strict norms of social distancing, use of mask and sanitisers etc.
- Postal employees and bank employees are allowed to move to the premises of senior citizen and differently abled persons, if going to deliver cash on phone calls, during normal banking hours following strict use of masks, hand sanitizers and maintaining social distancing etc.
- Banks and other financial institutions are advised to sanitise their offices with disinfectant spray at regular interval and to keep sanitizer at the entry gate for customers.
- The district administration is requested to be vigilant to ensure strict norms of social distancing are followed in respective districts.