**Bhubaneswar: ** A major fire broke out at the building of United Bank of India, Kharavela Nagar branch, here in the wee hours of Monday. Properties worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in the mishap.
According to sources, the fire broke out at around 1.20 am which was witnessed by the bank’s security guard. No casualty has been reported from the spot.
Two units of the fire brigade were pressed to douse the flames which came under control after an hour of effort.
Though the exact reason behind the fire is still not known, short circuit is suspected to be the cause.