Gas Stove Explodes, 3 Including Minor Sustain Serious Burns In Joda

Keonjhar: In a freak mishap at Joda market on Sunday morning, three persons including a minor boy were injured after a gas stove exploded.

All the injured persons have been shifted to the nearby Tata Steel hospital. However, they have been referred to Rourkela for better treatment.

The incident took place at a market near Suna river. According to reports, gas refilling process was being carried out illegally at the shop.

The injured have been identified as Sagar Khan of Joda market, Sanjay Maharana of Hudisahi and the minor boy of Joda. The three were working as employee at the gas stove shop.

Joda police have registered a case and started a probe. Reports stated that the mishap occurred while the workers were carrying out an inspection by turning the stove on.