Bhubaneswar: Cyclone Amphan will trigger light to moderate rainfall in most places of coastal Odisha with heavy to very heavy rainfall at isolated places Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara and Bhadrak Districts and isolated heavy falls over Jajpur, Balasore, Cuttack, Mayurbhanj, Khordha & Puri districts.
All line departments of the State Government have been mobilised in the areas which are likely to be affected. Here is a detail of the steps taken by the Health and Family Welfare Department to combat Amphan:
Mobile health teams have been organized for deployment to affected areas.
* Power back up arrangement has been made in all hospitals with a sufficient quantity of fuel.
* Essential medicines, anti-snake venom have been kept ready.
* Arrangements are made for screening all migrant workers in Temporary Medical Centres (TMC) located within 3 km of the coastline and to send the COVID negative cases to home quarantine and positive cases to COVID facilities immediately.
* Nodal Officers have been identified for districts and blocks for continuous monitoring of disaster response activities.
* A contingency plan has been made for the opening of Medical Relief Centers and providing treatment to the trauma patients at health facilities.
* Plan for shifting of pregnant women from interior areas to delivery point/ Maa Gruha made.
* Contingency plan for sanitation is in place and stocking of bleaching power/ ORS/ Halogen tablets at PHC, CHC, DHHs and their availability up to ASHA level being ensured.
* All these measures are being taken ensuring proper social distancing and all other COVID-19 guidelines effected by the Centre and the State.