Bhubaneswar: In view of the 6th session of the 16th Odisha Legislative Assembly (OLA) commencing from February 18, the State Health and Family Welfare (H&FW) Department has tightened up its belt for taking up preventive measures for prevention and containment of Corona Virus (COVID-19) like earlier sessions and since it is a lengthy Budget Session.
Issuing a circular today, Odisha H&FW ACS Pradipta Mohapatra has asked the BMC Commissioner, OSMCL MD, RMRC Director and Capital Hospital Director to do the needful from February 18 to April 9, 2021 as the OLA Speaker has directed to observe the pandemic precautions.
While the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) Commissioner has been asked to provide all infrastructural facilities and necessary arrangements inside the OLA premises in consultation with the OLA Secretary, OSMCL has been asked to provide face-shields, masks, hand gloves and sanitizers for the use of the MLAs during the ensuing Budget Session.
Capital Hospital Director has been asked to deploy a team of doctors and medical staff along with sufficient testing kids etc from 08.30 am to 01.30 pm on February 17 for necessary testing of COVID-19. A team of doctors will also remain present during the ensuing Assembly session in case of any exigency.
Similarly, RMRC Director has been asked to take steps for testing of samples collected from OLA on scheduled dates and to submit test report to the OLA Secretary in due time.
The H&FW ACS has also listed out the following precautionary measures directed by the OLA Speaker.
1. RT-PCR test for all the OLA Members along with their PSOs and drivers from 08.30 am to 01.30 pm and 03.00 pm to 05.00 pm on 15.02.2021 & 16.02.2021 and from 08.30 am to 01.30 pm on 17.02.2021 in the Assembly premises by the team of doctors.
2. Again after the session is over there will be a RT-PCR test of all the OLA Members along with their PSOs and drivers in the Assembly premises.
3. If any OLA Member feels uncomfortable during the session of the Assembly, they may go for Antigen test by the doctors there.
4. The OLA Members will be provided with face-shield, mask, hand gloves and sanitizer daily before commencement of each sitting during the session.
5. RT-PCR test for all the officers and staff of the OLA Secretariat along with officers and staff of office of the Chief Minister, Ministers, Leader of Opposition, Ministers of State and Government Chief Whip from 08.30 am to 01.30 pm and 03.00 pm to 05.00 pm on 15.02.2021 & 16.02.2021 and from 08.30 am to 01.30 pm on 17.02.2021 in the Assembly premises by the team of doctors.