Cuttack: An extended lockdown has been in the jurisdiction of the Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) till midnight of July 8.
The CMC order said that the order will come into force with immediate effect followed by the weekend shutdown. It also released a list of permitted and prohibited activities during this time period (Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday).
- All shops catering to essential items like food, groceries, hygiene products and toiletries, meat and fish, animal feed and fodder, dairy and milk booths.
- Industrial units engaged in manufacturing essential items are advised to use in situ labour/personnel. The units are advised to run at 33 per cent staff capacity.
- Banks and post offices will be open with 33 per cent staff capacity for essential transactions only. Customers are not allowed to attend, they may avail service through online modes.
- Inter-district movement of individuals for medical reasons or for activities as permitted by the competent authority.
- Petrol pumps/ gas agencies/telecom services are allowed to be functional with strict adherence of COVID-19 norms.
- All Government offices shall be opened with 50 per cent of the employees’ strength as per the order of General Administration & Public Grievances Department, Govt of Odisha.
- All employees of the private offices (non-essential services) shall follow the practices of work from home.
- All schools, colleges, educational/ training/ coaching institutions, etc. However, online/ distance learning shall be permitted.
- Hospitality services other than those used for housing health/ police/ Government officials/ healthcare workers, stranded persons including tourists and quarantine facilities.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, market complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- All social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions or other gatherings. However, marriage with a maximum 50 people and funeral with a maximum of 20 people will be allowed based on prior permission
- All religious places/ places of worship shall be closed to the public. Religious congregations in any number are strictly prohibited.
- All shops, whether wholesale or retails, are allowed to function between 5 am and 6 pm.
- All shops and establishments must ensure social distancing and use of a mask by staff, failing which penal action will be taken against them.
- Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, shall stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes, as per National Directives.
Essential movement of vehicles is allowed subject to the following conditions:
- Taxis and cab aggregators, with 1 driver and 2 passengers only, Four-wheeler vehicles will have a maximum of two passengers besides the driver.
- Inter-district movement of individuals and vehicles, only for permitted activities with the due sanction.
- Railways/ Inter-state and Inter-district buses are allowed to function; however people are advised to avoid travel for non-essential purposes, the further personal vehicle may move for non-essential purposes through permission only.
The letter from the CMC said that any person violating these shutdown measures and the National Directives for COVID-19 Management will be liable for prosecution as per the provision of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and other legal provisions as applicable.
Shutdown shall be implemented strictly & violations will be dealt with stringent action. pic.twitter.com/oRIOnw9mnP
— CMC,Cuttack (@CMCCuttack) July 4, 2020