**Bhawanipatna: ** Kalahandi: In a tragic accident at Godramaska village under Chualamula Rampur Police Station limits of Kalahandi district, a middle-aged man was electrocuted to death on Sunday after he set foot on a live wire, set as a trap to catch wild animals in the forest.
The deceased has been identified as Kabi Naik, 48 years of age, who’s a resident of Godramaska village.
Kabi Naik worked as a village guard and was out with his son to the forest to hunt for wild boars when the incident occurred. The son also came under the impact of the live wire, but has survived, though his position is said to be critical.
Both father and son were rushed to Thuamula Rampur Community Health Centre, where the father was immediately declared dead on arrival.
Setting up traps to catch wild animals for food is the norm in these remote jungle areas of Odisha.