Bhubaneswar: A massive fire occurred at two restaurants in Patia square in the city on Tuesday night.
According to reports, the blaze started in one of the restaurants. The flames engulfed the entire restaurant and after around half an hour, another restaurant came under the blaze.
It took more than 90 minutes for two units of fire service to control the fire. The incident took place at around 8:30 pm today evening.
Preliminary reports revealed that an electrical short circuit in the (first) restaurant resulted in a blaze. “Since both the restaurants were closed, no casualty has been reported,” a local shopkeeper said.
However, the losses are yet to be ascertained, a fire service personnel said.
Till last reports came, fire fighting units were deployed at the spot to ensure that the fire is completely doused and it does not spread to nearby commercial establishments.