Balasore: In a tragic incident, a woman and her son lost their lives reportedly due to electrocution here on Saturday. The deceased have been identified as Tilotama Das (48) and Ramachandra Das (28) of Nahul village under Khaira police limits.
According to reports, the family was building a room in their backyard for which Tilotama and her son had gone to inspect the work. However, a sagging electric cable had come in contact with the construction material.
As the two stepped on an iron rod they were instantly electrocuted. Hearing screams Tilotama’s daughter rushed to the backyard and alerted others. The mother-son duo was rushed to the local community health centre where they were declared dead.
Police have registered a case and sent the bodies of the deceased for autopsy. An investigation is on, the police said.