New Year Turns Tragic As Mother-Daughter Get Electrocuted In Nuapada

Nuapada: While the whole world is celebrating New Year, a woman and her daughter were killed after coming in contact with a live wire at Makhapadar village under Sinapali block of Nuapada district.

Reportedly, Tarulata Chandi of the village along with her 9-year-old daughter Dusil Chandi were taking a bath at a borewell when an 11 kV wire snapped and fell on them. As a result, the mother-daughter duo was electrocuted on the spot.

On getting information, Sinapali Police reached the spot and sent the bodies for post-mortem. Electricity department personnel also reached the spot and repaired the broken wire. However, villagers have demanded compensation for the kin of the deceased.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button