NIA-Summoned Akhtar Hussein Khan Leaves For Delhi To Depose On Dec 4

Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

02 December 2017


Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

Cuttack: As being issued notice on November 29, the day his houses was raided and he had to undergo marathan grilling by the sleuths of National Investigation Agency (NIA), Akhtar Hussein Khan of Kisan Nagar Samantarapur in the district here left for New Delhi on Saturday to depose before the NIA headqaurters on December 4.

Notably, NIA has freed him after investigating into his suspected link with the world of terrorism, but simulatneously issued notice the very day of his acquittal to depose at the agency’s Delhi Headquarters on December 4.

Akhtar, hailing from Nemala area under Salepur sub-division, has been residing in a slum of Samantarapur under Kisan Nagar PS in the district here.

The NIA notice, dated November 29, 2017, has been issued to him as a witness under Section 160 of the CrPC.

As per the notice, Akhtar has been ‘acquitted’, but has been summoned to New Delhi-based NIA headquarters on December 4 this year to depose before the concerned NIA SP there dealing with the case.

According to the Samantarapur locals, Akhtar has been staying in the rented house for the past four-five years and used to visit Saudi Arabia frequently.

In his media reactions Akhtar has already made it clear, “The NIA team neither tortured me mentally or physically. They kept on grilling me on suspicion since morning till lunch break. They tried to elicit information from me regarding my earlier association with a Pakistani national during my Saudi Arabia stay years ago. I answered them that it was like a human relation as we maintain in our native place. The NIA officials also searched by house thoroughly and examined my voter ID, passport, bank pass book and other documents."

Notably, the six-member NIA team on Wednesday morning hours this week had raided Akhtar’s house with the help of local police and made marathon interrogation of Akhtar for over four hours for his suspected terror activity link.

While the local police had cordoned off the place and the NIA team was on their mission, all had remained tightlipped during the grilling as it was a serious national security issue.

Your browser doesn't support HTML5 video.

Akhtar Hussain Khan