Bhubaneswar: Pension under National Social Assistance Program (NSAP) and Madhubabu Pension Yojana (MBPY) will not be disbursed to beneficiaries without Aadhaar from April 1, 2020, mentioned a letter from the Social Security & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD) Department.
Commissioner-cum-Secretary Bhaskar Sarma in the letter to all Collectors on Wednesday stated, “Aadhaar seeding is about 91% in case of NSAP and about 73% in case of MBPY. Aadhaar seeding needs to be enhanced to 100% immediately for ensuring complete transparency in respect of these two schemes.”
Bhaskar has asked the Collectors to take the following steps in this regard.
1. Those beneficiaries whose Aadhaar verification/seeding is pending will be asked to mandatorily bring a copy of their Aadhaar card when they come to receive their pension on 15.01.2020. Those who fail to bring the Aadhaar card on 15.1.2020 will be offered another opportunity to do the same on 15.01.2020.
2. Beneficiaries, without Aadhaar card will be taken to Block Office on 15.1.2020 where a team will be mobilized to collect their particulars for issue of Aadhaar card. A block wise list of beneficiaries will be prepared who do not have Aadhar card. The process of capturing Aadhaar particulars of these beneficiaries will be completed by 31.1.2020.
3. Before sanction of new beneficiaries under NSAP and MBPY Aadhaar verification will be ensured.
4. Aadhaar linking in respect of all beneficiaries will be completed by 15.03.2020.
5. Starting from 01.04.2020 pension under NSAP/MBPY will not be disbursed without Aadhaar.