Rayagada: As many as eight labourers, engaged in road construction work at Kalyansinghpur block, were taken ill after they consumed poisonous mushroom on Saturday night.
The labourers included four men and four women. They have been identified as Subi Meniaka, Sudarsan Majhi, Kabita Pidisika, Hari Beniya, Sunde Meniaka, Bharat Nayak, Bhim Nayak and Sumitra Nag.
Reportedly, they consumed mushroom in the afternoon for lunch and soon after that, they showed signs of nausea, stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
Some locals and their contractor reached on time and rushed all of them to Rayagada District Headquarters Hospital (DHH). The labourers are currently undergoing treatment.