Odisha: Bear Chews Snapped Live Wire, Electrocuted

Nuapada: A bear was found electrocuted in Larka proposed reserve forest under Boden block in Nuapada district today.

According to reports, following heavy rain accompanied by strong winds on Sunday night an 11 KV transmission conductor had snapped inside the forest.

The poor creature which was passing through that area chewed the live wire leading to its instantaneous death.

“It is a female bear. Approximately, it’s age is around 15-20 years,” informed Veterinary Officer, Khariar Dr Arya Prakash Panda.

Khariar Forest division officials after seizing the carcass got an autopsy of it done. Later it was buried.


Related Articles

Back to top button