Bhubaneswar: The State Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik took 12 major decisions today. The most important among these were reservation for Government school students in engineering and medical colleges and submission of property details by public representatives and Government servants in public domain, every year.
According to the Cabinet’s decision, a committee chaired by a retired Orissa High Court Judge will formulate the modalities of this reservation / quota system for the students of Government-run high schools in MBBS and BTech courses. The committee comprising senior educationists and erudite scholars will submit its report in three months followin which the recommendations will be implemented from the next academic year.
Other proposals which received Odisha Cabinet’s nod on December 28, 2020, are listed below:
- Framing of Odisha Multipurpose Health Worker (Female) Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Amendment Rules – 2020.
- Framing of Odisha Multipurpose Health Worker (Male) Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Amendment Rules – 2020.
- Framing of Odisha Ayurvedic Drug Enforcement Service (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2020.
- Proposal for amendment of the Odisha Government College Librarians (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2017.
- Proposal for amendment of the Odisha Factories and Boilers Inspection Service (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1984.
- Proposal for the amendment of Odisha Advocates’ Welfare Fund Act, 1987.
- Publication of Cadre Rules for Odisha Geological Service 2020.
- State-wide programmes to create awareness among people of Odisha on the ideals and principles of Mahatma Gandhi. These programmes will begin from March 23, 2021, commemorating Gandhiji’s arrival in Odisha for the first time, 100 years back.
- To include the life history of noted personalities of Odisha in the school syllabus from Std VII to Std IX. Meritorious students will be selected and felicitated under this initiative to pay regards to the sons of the soil.