Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today announced a package of Rs 155 crore for Balasore Municipality area.
Earlier in the day, Chief Secretary Suresh Chandra Mohapatra, Secretary to CM (5T) VK Pandian, and Secretary (Works) Dr Krishan Kumar visited Balasore to take stock of various development projects in the district.
They made an assessment of the basic requirements for allround development of the city and submitted the report to the CM. Following the meeting with the senior officials, Naveen made the announcement.
“Balasore is one of Odisha’s most important cities. It is the birthplace of my favourite writer Fakir Mohan Senapati. In the recent past I had promised the people of Balasore for more development of Balasore Municipality,” the CM said.
Projects announced for Balasore Municipality are:
- Sahadevkhunta bus stand at Rs 8 crore;
- Rs 70 crore for – Six-laning of the road between Tumilia gate flyover to Station Chowk. Street lighting. Development of main road;
- Rs 14 crore for Multipurpose indoor hall, swimming pool and sports infrastructure;
- Rs 53 crore for beautification of Budhabalanga river. Development and beautification of ponds.
- Rs 7 crore for drainage channels.
The Chief Minister said, “Rs 275 crore has been allocated for teaching hospital of Balasore Medical College. Similarly, during the last 4 to 5 months, the Municipality has spend Rs 16 crore to develop cement concrete roads, community centres and other projects.”
“The State Government is committed to the overall development of Balasore district,” the Chief Minister added.