Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today launched three transformational projects of Odisha Police under 5-T aimed at reducing human interface with Government offices. The three projects include Virtual Police Station, Road Accident Case Documents Module and Medico-Legal Opinion System.
Launching these projects at a function at Lok Seva Bhawan, the Chief Minister said that the State Government is committed to provide citizen-centric governance under 5-T. These initiatives will effectively reduce the necessity of citizens to visit Police Stations.
Virtual Police Station:
- The Virtual Police Station is an online mechanism established at the State Crime Records Bureau in Bhubaneswar;
- It will facilitate online registration of FIR in unknown motor vehicle theft cases;
- No need to visit to Police Station;
- If a case remains undetected for 21 days, final form shall be auto generated at CCTNS;
- It will benefit citizens for claiming insurance in motor vehicle theft cases; and
- A citizen can also file FIR through Citizens Portal or Sahayata Mobile App.
Road Accident Case Documents Module:
- This is a web-based application which can be accessed by visiting the site www.imsop.odisha.gov.in;
- This module will help insurance companies or the victims in downloading the required documents like FIR, Final Form, Spot Map, MVI Report, Inquest, Post Mortem Report, Driving License, Registration Certificate or any other document as required;
- It will do away the role of middlemen and expedite the process of insurance claims;
- Insurance companies can approach Crime Records Bureau for creation of user IDs and Passwords to access the site; and
- Complainants can access the site by filling up requisite details and OTP sent to mobile number mentioned in FIR.
Medico-Legal Opinion System:
- This web-based system is helpful to both the Police and the Medical professionals;
- The police can submit requisitions online for medical examination of victims;
- Doctors will upload their medical examination reports online which will be down-loaded by police for necessary action;
- This will ensure transparency and fix accountability in case of any undue delay in getting medical examination reports;
- It will also help in reducing extraneous considerations or interference while giving medical opinion in sensitive cases; and
- Timely receipt of medical examination reports will help victims in getting compensation in time.
Minister of State for Home Dibya Sankar Mishra said that the effect of 5-T initiatives visible in the Home Department. There is a visible transformation in the behaviour towards women and children at Police Stations
DGP Abhaya outlined the details of the three initiatives. 5-T Secretary VK Pandian appreciated the transformation that is going through the Police Department. He said that the Government is receiving good feedback on police activities in the districts.
Pandian also expressed happiness over the removal of middlemen from institutions like Hospitals and RTOs. lie also appreciated the police department for taking huge steps for solving industrial disputes. He also interacted with the SPs of some districts to get an idea about the understanding of the officials on three transformational project) which were launched today.
On the occasion, Naveen said, this is a first transformational project under 5T initiative, the Police Department is going to implement. I congratulate the entire Department for this endeavour. “One of the main objectives under 5T is to reduce the necessity for the public to go to the Government offices. The virtual Police Station that has been inaugurated today is a huge step in this regard,” he said.
One of the major problems faced by the public while lodging FIR in theft cases is jurisdiction issue. With the launch of virtual Police Station in the Motor Vehicle theft cases, the public can now directly lodge FIR online in a hassle-free manner, the Chief Minister said.
“Another major issue relating to the settlement of insurance claim in road accident cases was the availability of relevant documents. This will be solved by the online Road Accident Case Module. This will do away the role of middlemen, which will, in effect reduce corruption,” he added.
“The third Transformational project, the Medico-Legal Opinion System will help both the Police and the Doctors ensure transparency, reduce delay and also lessen extraneous considerations while giving medical opinion,” the Chief Minister added.