**Bhubaneswar:** It has become a challenge to retain the educated youth in the field of agriculture to sustain agricultural production in future. It is also necessary to develop technology to promote entrepreneurship in agriculture and allied sectors, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said on Sunday.
Inaugurating the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) here at Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Naveen said, upgradation of skills of farmers in application of agricultural technology and enhanced use of information technology has to be ensured.
“The State Government is well aware of the infrastructural needs of the educational institutions. In this process the State Government has approved Rs 123 crore for the modern infrastructure of OUAT,” he added.
Naveen hailed the University for bagging the prestigious project of Rs 25 crore under NAHEP for improving quality education. The State Government has granted additional funds of Rs 56 crore as leverage for this project.
“I urge OUAT to fully engage itself for proper branding by taking benefit of the foreign exchange programme for improving faculty competence and skilling the students, in curricula delivery relevant to the farmers’ needs and market demand,” Naveen added.
The Chief Minister expressed happiness over OUAT being adjudged as the best university in the State as the latest rankings of the Ministry of Human Resources. He felicitated Member of State Planning Board, Kamala Pujari on the occasion.
**Other Establishments Inaugurated Today:**
• Boys Hostel, College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna
• Girl Hostel, College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna
• Examination Hall, College of Agriculture, Bhawanipatna
• Kamala Pujari Girls Hostel, OUAT, Bhubaneswar
• Seed Godown and Processing Facilities, KVK, Bhadrak
**Foundation Stone Laying:**
• Teaching Complex, College of Agriculture, Chiplima
• Lab Complex, College of Horticulture, Chiplima
• Lab Complex, College of Fisheries, Rangailunda
• Smart Class Room Complex, College of Basic Science & Humanities, Bhubaneswar
• Geo-Spatial Technology Centre, CAET, Bhubaneswar
• High Tech Agri-Machine Centre, CAET, Bhubaneswar
• Workshop for Straw chopper-cum-seeder, CAET, Bhubaneswar
• Godown, Processing Unit & Thresing Floor, CPR, Bhubaneswar
• Seed Godown and Processing Facility, KVK, Bargarh
• Seed Godown and Processing Facility, KVK, Deogarh