Sonepur: A father-son duo got electrocuted and one was left battling for life after they accidentally came in contact with a 11KV live wire in the fields. The deceased have been identified as Sahadev Sahu and Debanand Sahu, while Arupananda Sahu was gravely injured.
This incident occurred in Pitamahal village under Subalaya PS in Birmaharajpur of Sabarnapur district.
The trio had gone for open defaecation, when they stepped on the live wire laying in the field. While two died immediately, one got injured and was rushed to Burla hospital.
It is yet to be ascertained as to how did the live electric wires lay tangling over the fields and public place.